Parents and Families
Welcome parents and families of students at Baruch College!
You may not know it now, but you too are about to embark on a journey through college for the next few years. The partnership between parent and student or family member and student is as important as ever; it’s just a different partnership than the one you had when the student was in high school. Baruch College wants your student to succeed and we will do everything we can to transform your student into an educated, responsible, and productive citizen. We invite you to partner with us in this process.
To help your student through their college career here are some tips on getting them adjusted:
- Get them familiar with the students webpage
- Stay updated on the academic calendar
- While First-Year Seminar (FYS 1000) is required for incoming first-year students, encourage your transfer student to sign up for a mentor for help adjusting to Baruch
Find out More about The Institution
Parents and families can find out more about the institution in several ways:
- Read up on Admission Resources.
- Read the online Undergraduate Bulletin.
- Explore the Baruch College website.
- Attend Parent and Family Orientation. Over the summer, you will receive an invitation to attend Baruch Beginnings for Parents and Families, an orientation for parents and families of new students.
- Sign up for our Parents and Families Newsletter to stay updated on important dates, news, events, resources and all things student life twice a semester.
Join the Family Network
Receive timely updates, important information, and invitations to special events tailored to family members.
Sign up to join the Family Network
Check back soon for events scheduled for Spring 2023!