Parent & Family Newsletter March 2023
The Parent & Family Newsletter
Welcome to our first parent(s) and families newsletter! We are excited to have you become an active part of our Bearcat Family. ?
- March 27: Registration for Fall 2023 Begins
- April 5-13: Spring Recess
February 3, 2023 | Mellon Foundation awards Baruch College a $150,000 grant for the Black and Latino Studies Dept. under Shelly Eversley, Interim Chair and Professor of English at the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences! “Though the Black and Latino Studies (BLS) program has been a part of the intellectual community at Baruch College since 1970, it only became an official major this past Fall.” [Read More]
Women’s History Month – EmpowHER: Lift While You Climb
March 2023 | Your student’s invited to join our month of events to highlight the struggles and successes of women in their pursuit of equal rights, opportunities, and representation in various fields.
Here we provide advice from current students to help you better understand and connect with your student in their college careers.
Midterms ? | As midterms are coming up here are some tips on how to best support your student for success:
- Time management: Students can have busy school schedules, including work for some. It’s important for your student to have a schedule for classes, clubs, work, and family. Help them create a study schedule with an academic planner.
- Utilize Resources: Campus resources such as the SACC tutoring center have available online and in-person appointments to help with classes. Students are also welcome at Baruch’s Newman Library to study, do work, or lounge.
- Ask Questions: if your student is struggling in class, encourage them to reach out to their professor. Professors offer office hours for students to ask questions!
- Take Breaks: Burnout is real. And mental and physical health is important. Understand that college may be challenging and stressful! Check in on your student and remind them to get good rest.
Here we will include anything from student life, important resources, club highlights, and more!
March 02, 2023 | The Undergraduate Student Government (USG) hosted their annual ‘Bearcats on Ice’ at Rockefeller Center. This free event for Baruch students allowed them to connect with 200 other Bearcats and have a laugh with President S. David Wu. No ankles were hurt in the process! ⛸️❄️
March 09, 2023 | #GameOnBearcats ? The first-ever Students vs. Faculty and Staff Basketball game was hosted in the Athletics & Recreation Complex (ARC) Arena. We had prizes, merchandise giveaways, refreshments, a three-point contest, and our beloved Bernie Bearcat. As competitive and fun it was, we’d like to give congrats to our faculty for their 77-55 win ?! Check out our Facebook for some highlights of the night.
Baruch College and The City University of New York continue to promote policies that protect the health, well-being, and safety of the community while honoring our mission to support students’ academic momentum and success.
Spring 2023 term classes are mostly in-person. CUNY mandates that students taking in-person and/or hybrid classes must have up-to-date vaccination status when classes begin unless exempt for medical or religious reasons. All students mentioned must upload their proof of status at least 10 days before classes begin on CUNYFirst.
For the latest guidance on COVID policies, visit the CUNY COVID Guidelines website.