Transfer Student Network
The Transfer Student Network (TSN) is a program where recent transfer students are paired with seasoned Peer Mentors that help them acclimate to the rigors of Baruch college. By joining TSN as a mentee, you will be paired with a Peer Mentor that will assist you with any questions you may have about Baruch including: schedule building, financial aid, campus resources, jobs/internships, and our wonderful campus resources. Join TSN today to be a part of a safe community of students who are going through a similar transition as you!
Benefits of becoming a Transfer Student Network Mentee
- Engage with the social life of Baruch and ease your transition to the College
- Network and build connections with other incoming transfer students and Peer Mentors
- Learn about joining clubs and other student organizations
- Develop and create goals for the semester and beyond
- Learn how to prioritize college assignments and how to succeed academically
- Access to exclusive events that may include private catering, refreshments, and giveaways
- Priority access to become a Transfer Student Peer Mentor in future semesters
Transfer Student Network Peer Mentors
Transfer Student Network Peer Mentors are current Baruch College students who originally joined the College as transfer students. These students navigated the transition from one college to another and are eager to help new transfer students make the most of their time at Baruch!
Benefits of becoming a Transfer Student Network Peer Mentor
- Hold a leadership position that is dedicated to helping other students.
- Involvement complements your academic experience and affords you the opportunity to strengthen your leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Develop mentoring skills through LinkedIn Learning workshops with your fellow Peer Mentors.
- Collaborate with other Transfer Student Peer Mentors during bi-weekly planning meetings.
- Ability to work with New Students & Family Programs (NSFP) staff to develop programming for TSN.
- Eligibility to apply to become an Executive Transfer Peer Mentor, where you can work directly with NSFP staff to manage the TSN program and supervise all Peer Mentors.