Welcome to Baruch College and 1760 Residence Hall!
We are excited that you are going to be a part of the Baruch College Residence Life experience. It is our hope that the lessons you learn in our Residence Life community are as important and valued as the lessons you will learn in the classroom.
Belongings may be unloaded in the front of the building. If you have a car, please make sure you pay the meter and mind the parking regulations. Paid parking is available in a parking garage around the corner from the 1760 3rd avenue location.
The Residence Hall is located at 1760 Third Avenue at 97th Street. Each room in the building is furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, chair, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning unit, television and a bathroom. It is encouraged to speak with your roommate(s) before purchasing items so that you can coordinate what to bring.
What to Bring
Below is a list of things to bring for your stay at the Residence Hall.
- Twin bed sheets
- Alarm clock
- Sheets and blankets
- Cleaning supplies & garbage can
- Surge protector(s)
- Extra-long shower curtain
- Toiletries/Bathroom Supplies including towels and a bathmat
- Kitchen supplies
- Laundry supplies – Laundry machines are card operated, and the machine only accepts $5, $10 & $20 bills. Washing a load costs $2.00 and drying for a 48 minute cycle is $2.00
What Not to Bring
The following items are NOT permitted:
- Personal furniture, television or microwave
- Cooking appliances including drip coffee maker, rice cooker, water heater
- Electric blankets
- Pets or animals of any kind
- Halogen lights or lamps
- Candles or incense
- Cinder blocks
There is a mandatory floor meeting for residents on August 23, 2020 at 7 p.m. held via Zoom.