Recruiting Changes – COVID-19
In an effort to increase precautionary health measures, reduce community spread of COVID-19, and ensure the successful conclusion of the spring 2020 semester for Baruch College/CUNY students, beginning March 19, 2020 the College will move to distance learning.
Can I still recruit at Baruch College this semester?
Yes! Students are excited to connect with you virtually and are preparing for virtual interviews. Feel free to continue and post positions on Starr Search, schedule and post virtual recruiting events or host virtual / phone interviews with Baruch students – You may schedule these on your own or reach out to us to help! See below for contact information for members of the Employer Relations Team.
Is the Starr Career Development Center open?
At this moment, the Starr Career Development Center is operating 100% virtually. Our virtual hours are Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Note that this is subjected to change so please check the Baruch College website at https://www.baruch.cuny.edu/
Who do I contact if I’d like to discuss virtual recruiting opportunities?
The Employer Relations team is available to support all your recruiting needs. Please see below for contact information for each member of the team:
- Ingrid Tineo – Starr Employers, Strategic Employer Partnerships
- Michael Kalish – On-Campus Recruiting, Internships
- Ricki Weitzen – Career Programming, Career Fairs, Club Partnerships
- Anne Concepcion – Corporate Presentations, Employer Development, On-Campus Recruiting
- Starlett Yarbery – Job Postings on Starr Search
For general questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Through the Starr Career Development Center, employers have access to current undergraduate students, recent graduates and alumni.
The Starr Career Development Center (SCDC) provides career services to over 15,000 undergraduates at Baruch College.
Baruch students are tireless success-seekers, frequently juggling multiple roles as student, worker, and family provider. Employers are impressed by their technical skills and drive and return year after year to access this highly qualified group of candidates. Most have significant work experience upon graduation, and a large number work their way through college.
If you would like to post a job at Baruch College, please use Starr Search, our online career services system.
Over 83% of the senior class used one or more of the services of the Starr Career Development Center during their academic career. We have over 7000 student visits per year.
Last year there were over 360,000 logins to Starr Search and over 178,000 applications submitted online.
In 2014/15, there were 1715 on campus interviews and 11,013 jobs and internships were posted online.
- Why hire Baruch students?
- What are the policies for employers, job & internship postings?
- What should I know about Baruch´s job & internship fairs?
- How do I participate in on-campus recruiting?
- How do I build a campus presence for my company or organization?
- What are some of the most frequently asked questions about internships?
- What is the Financial Leadership Program?
The Starr Employer program is an opportunity for employers to expand their partnership with the Baruch College Starr Career Development Center.
The benefits to joining the Baruch College Starr Employer Program include:
- The placement of your logo on our homepage with a link to your company’s website
- A fee waiver for our 2 annual career fairs
- Ongoing publicity for your company on our promotional materials for career fairs and corporate presentations
Starr Employers support Baruch undergraduate students through a $5000 sponsorship of our career development programs which prepare students to become excellent candidates for professional positions in their companies.
Please let us know if we can include your company in our list of dedicated, generous employers.
For more information contact Ingrid Tineo via email. Checks should be made out to the Baruch College Fund.