Technology Leadership Development
The Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP) is a year-long program dedicated to the professional development and advancement of students with a strong passion for a career in technology. The program was created to help students become more aware about the vast opportunities in technology and the necessary interpersonal and technical skills employers are looking for. The program will provide students exposure to technology-related fields which include Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Information Technology, just to name a few.
The TLDP is sponsored by the Starr Career Development Center (SCDC) at Baruch College. This unique program will offer professional development workshop, interpersonal skills training, employer site visits, mentorships, and hands-on group project-based internships experience for students at Baruch College with a desire to succeed in Tech. The program is an opportunity for students to identify the skills, companies are looking for in candidates and how classroom learning is applied in the world of work. Students through the program will be matched with a mentor that will help them have a good understanding of how technology and business intersect.
The program’s mission is to increase recruiting for Baruch’s diverse is to create pathways and access for students to professionals, employers and Baruch alumni in various industries while developing critical career technical and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunity for networking with professionals in the industry
- Develop critical interpersonal abilities
- Identify necessary technical skills for a long career in tech
- Hands-on internship experience
- Increase awareness of technical opportunities
- Acquire a professional mentor in the technology field
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for participation in the Technology Leadership Development Program:
Full-time student taking a minimum of 12 credits
- Graduation year of 2022
- Minimum of overall 3.50 GPA
- Strong interest in Tech careers
- Willingness to dedicate an extra 10-15 hours per week
- Ability to cold call for networking opportunities
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance school, work, home and TLP
- Strong Passion for Technology and motivation to succeed in a career in technology
*Transfer students must have attended Baruch College for at least one semester with a minimum Baruch GPA of 3.50 to be considered. Grades from previous institutions will not be accepted. If this is your first semester at Baruch, you may apply to the Program with the understanding that your admission will be contingent upon your GPA at the end of your current semester. All students accepted into the Program must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA for the semester and cumulative average in order to graduate from the Program.
- Online application
- Unofficial Transcript
Applications open February 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM EST.