Baruch College/New Jersey Transit Collaboration
NJ Transit Welcomes Students Back to Campus with Promotional Discount
This year, NJ TRANSIT will also welcome back students with a unique promotion for the Fall 2021 semester: Buy 3 Months, Get 1 Month Free. To qualify, a student at a partner college or university must buy a student monthly pass via the NJ TRANSIT mobile app for three consecutive months: September, October and November of 2021.
For a student to be eligible, a school must offer Student Pass registration via their website and verify a student’s eligibility each semester. Once verified, Student Pass will appear each month as a ticket option during NJ TRANSIT’s usual monthly pass purchase period, beginning at the 19th of the preceding month through the 10th of the travel month.
After the third qualifying purchase, a monthly pass good for the month of December 2021 will appear during the December monthly pass purchase window. The free month’s pass will be equal to the lowest-priced purchase made in the previous three months and is valid for December 2021 use only. The free December 2021 pass is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Through this promotion, students can save more than 60 percent off transportation to campus during the Fall 2021 semester (September – December) when compared to purchasing one-way transportation.
NJ TRANSIT also offers other flexible options for college students traveling to campus:
- FLEXPASS – College students needing more flexibility in their commute may choose FLEXPASS as their best option. FLEXPASS offers customers 20 one-way trips at a 20 percent discount off full-fare tickets. Learn more at njtransit.com/flexpass.
- Student Tickets – College students attending NJ TRANSIT-accredited post-secondary schools, colleges and universities can complete an application to purchase a rail monthly pass at a 25-percent discount from rail ticket offices. Applications must be verified by the respective school/college. This offer is available only for a rail pass.
Get On Board With A 25% Discount For NJ TRANSIT Mobile Student Monthly Passes
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to purchase a rail, bus, or light rail mobile student monthly pass at 25% off the regular monthly pass price, when they enroll online through NJ TRANSIT’s Mobile Student program.
New to Mobile Student Program?
Getting started is easy.
- Login to Baruch College’s NJ Transit Student Discount Portal to enroll
- Fill in all required fields on the registration form
- Verify your full-time status and student (.edu) email address
- Download the NJ TRANSIT App and buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
After you sign up, the discounted student pass can be purchased directly from the
NJ TRANSIT mobile app. Passes may be purchased from the 19th of the preceding month through the 10th of the month that the pass is valid.
Existing Mobile Student Monthly Users
If you are an existing Mobile Student Monthly customer, you need to reactivate your account at the start of each semester. Here’s how:
- Login to Baruch College’s NJ Transit Student Discount Portal to reactivate your account
- Login to NJ TRANSIT with your student (.edu) email and the password
- Verify your full-time status and student email address
- Buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
Why Mobile Student Monthly Passes?
Mobile passes offer the convenience of purchasing and displaying your student monthly pass on your mobile device. No need to pre-pay or wait for a paper ticket in the mail. Buy at your leisure.
It’s important to remember:
- Download the NJ TRANSIT app
- Open the app and tap BUY
- Sign in with your .edu email and password
- Select a Student Monthly pass and pay for it in the app
- Monthly passes are available for purchase from the 19th of the previous month through the 10th of the month the pass is valid
- On the 1st of the month your student pass will display in the app
Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancellation of the student’s monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
Sign Up for your NJ TRANSIT Mobile pass today!
For more information, contact Brandy Peer at email@example.com