Student Consumer Information
This Student Consumer Information webpage offers you, a Baruch College student, access to the information you need to make informed decisions about the wide range of issues you may face during your time at the College. It has also been created to ensure that you are aware of the opportunities and assistance that are available to you as a CUNY student. The topical links below direct you to Baruch and CUNY information that we believe you will find useful. Described below are the types of information you will find on this webpage as well as other information about CUNY.
For additional information, please contact the Division of Student Affairs located in the Newman Vertical Campus (Suite 3-175) at 646-312-4570.
Privacy of Student Records
As a student, you should be aware of the rules that govern the privacy of student records. A memorandum explaining the University’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy can be viewed in this FERPA document.
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
Student Disability Services
Tel. #: 646-312-4590
Fax #: 646-312-4591
Location: Newman Vertical Campus, Room 2-271
- Visit www.baruch.cuny.edu/diversity for more information about Baruch College’s diversity.
- Statistics on the gender, ethnicity, age and residence of students enrolled at CUNY.
- Enter “Baruch College” into the search box at: nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator and click on the enrollment section.
Price of Attendance
- Office of Financial Aid Cost of Attendance CUNY
- Baruch College Price of Attendance
- Refund policy and requirements for withdrawal and return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- CUNY tuition and fees
Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, Faculty
Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Information about course equivalencies and transfer policies.
- Information about articulation agreements.
Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Visit the Baruch Accreditation Page for more information.
Copyright Infringement – Policies and Sanctions
Computer Use and File Sharing
The Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC) provides access to information and communication technologies for students, faculty and staff throughout the Baruch community. Campus wide support of telephony, videoconferencing, computer networking communication systems, campus electronic mail, campus file servers, distance learning and media services equipment distribution are included in the services of the BCTC.
Tel. #: 646-312-1010
Location: 151 25th Street, Room 880
Protect Your Computer
Download a FREE Copy of Symantec Anti-Virus w/ Built-in Spyware Protection
Other Computer policies and updates:
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program
- CUNY policies on computer use and file sharing
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources (PDF)
Career and Job Placement Services
Services at Baruch include:
- Starr Career Development Center
- Graduate Career Management Center
- The School of Public Affairs Career Services Office (CSO)
Services at CUNY include:
Student Financial Aid Information
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans (PDF)
- Federal Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Preferred Lender Lists/Arrangements: CUNY does not recommend any specific lender or preferred lender arrangement. Contact the lender of your choice for details about their program and application process.
CUNY Policy on Drugs and Alcohol
Drug and Alcohol Use
Resources at Baruch include:
Health & Wellness
Student Health Center
Location: 138 East 26th Street, Main Floor
(between Lexington and 3rd Avenues)
Health & Wellness Programming and PAWS (Peers Advocating Wellness Services)
Phone: (646) 312-4752
Location: Newman Vertical Campus, Room 3-241
Counseling Centers at CUNY
Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- The Public Safety Department is committed to providing a safe and secure environment on our campus and within the Baruch Community.
- Baruch College Emergency Handbook
- To report an EMERGENCY on campus, use any campus phone to call 3333 or use your cell phone to call 646-312-3333.
- To view the annual security report for Baruch College, please visit www.baruch.cuny.edu/psafety/statistics.htm or enter “Baruch College” in the search box at nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator and click on the campus security box.
Retention, Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
Annual retention, graduation, and transfer-out rates for Baruch College are available on the US Department of Education NCES College Navigator site.
Job Placement for Graduates
View the Starr Career Development Center’s job placement rates for Baruch undergraduates.
View the Baruch College Student Grievance Policy.
For data Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.) for Baruch, please enter “Baruch College” into the search box at: ope.ed.gov/athletics.
Voter Registration Forms
If you wish to register to vote, print out and complete the voter registration form (PDF) and mail it to the address listed on the form. Contact the Office of Student Life, located in Room 2-210 of the Newman Vertical Campus, for forms and additional information.
Teacher Preparation Program Report
- The following CUNY colleges offer teacher preparation programs: Brooklyn College; City College; College of Staten Island; Hunter College; Lehman College; Medgar Evers College; NYC College of Technology; Queens College; and York College.
- For information about the pass rates of students who enrolled in CUNY’s teacher preparation programs, please visit the websites for those campuses or title2.ed.gov and go to the top tab “View Reports/Resources.” From there you can access the archived reports for New York State. The “Teacher Assessments” tab will provide you with the pass rates and other information for all teaching programs within the state, including CUNY’s.