General Tips for Accessible Surveys
When designing and creating a survey, here are some suggestions to consider:
- Write clear and concise instructions
- When the user submits the survey by activating the “submit” button, display a confirmation message to indicate the survey has been successfully received.
- Allow the “tab” key to be used for navigating and successfully submitting the survey.
- When the “tab” key is used, ensure text fields, check boxes, buttons, etc. are accessed in the correct reading order.
- Make sure “required” fields are clearly marked (example: *Required).
- If requested information is to be entered in a particular format, indicate an example adjacent to the field (for example: mm/dd/yyyy for the date).
- Use clear font styles
- Use a font size that’s 12 point or larger
- Label or describe images, tables, graphs, etc.
- Use sufficient color contrast for the user interface and survey elements such as text fields, buttons, links, etc.