How to Market Your Company to Students
The key to successful recruiting is a strong campus presence. Developing a campus presence is best achieved through an integrated approach involving a range of activities. See the checklist below for ways you can get involved on campus.
The Starr Career Development Center can assist with corporate presentations and events, often co-sponsored by one of Baruch’s 150+ student organizations.
We invite you to contact our Manager of Corporate Relations, Ingrid Tineo, at (646)-312-4686 or email to discuss how you can create name recognition and a positive image among our students for your organization.
- Become a Starr Employer
- Post your job or internship opportunities on Starr Search
- Attend a Career Day or Internship Fair
- Participate in On-Campus Recruiting
- Hold a Corporate Presentation or Information Session
- Partner with the Starr Career Development Center to work with student clubs or to provide a speaker for our career events
- Become on online mentor through Starr Search
- Advertise in our On Campus Recruiting manual or senior agenda, given to all graduating seniors
- Offer a tour of your company to students
- Develop a Strategic Partnership with Baruch. Visit Alumni Relations for details
- Become an Executive on Campus
- If you are a human resources professional or experienced in career coaching, you can volunteer to coach students at our next Interview Prep Day
Corporate Presentations & Info Sessions
Employers are encouraged to conduct Corporate Presentations early in the semester to increase interest in their organizations. Sign up for a date at the same time arrangements are made for recruiting dates; because space reservations are organized through different departments on campus, it is best to allow at least one month to organize and promote an event.
We suggest conducting Information Sessions the evening before on-campus interviews so that candidates are well informed about the company and the positions for which they are applying.
Ingrid Tineo, Deputy Director – Starr Employers, Strategic Employer Partnerships.
Michael Kalish, Associate Director – On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) & Internships.
Ricki Weitzen, Assistant Director – Employer Relations/Career Programming, Career Fairs.
Anne Concepcion, Assistant Director – Recruitment & Employer Development.
Starlett Yarbery, Job Posting Specialist – Employer Relations.