How to Market Your Company to Students
The key to successful recruiting is a strong campus presence. Developing a campus presence is best achieved through an integrated approach involving a range of activities.
The Starr Career Development Center can assist with corporate presentations, information sessions, special-topics workshops, and other career-related programs and events, often co-sponsored by one of Baruch’s 150+ student organizations.
See the checklist below for ways you can get involved.
- Become a Starr Employer (support Baruch undergraduate students’ career readiness through a $5000 sponsorship of our career development programs)
- Post your job or internship opportunities on Starr Search
- Attend a Career Day/Expo or Job & Internship Fair
- Participate in On-Campus Recruiting (virtual)
- Hold a Corporate Presentation or Information Session
- Partner with the Starr Career Development Center to work with student clubs or to provide a speaker for our career events
- Offer a tour of your company to students
- Become an Executive on Campus
We invite you to contact us to discuss how you can create name recognition and a positive image among our students for your organization.
Corporate Presentations & Info Sessions
Employers are encouraged to conduct Corporate Presentations early in the semester to increase interest in their organizations. Sign up for a date at the same time arrangements are made for recruiting dates; because space reservations are organized through different departments on campus, it is best to allow at least one month to organize and promote an event.
We suggest conducting Information Sessions the evening before on-campus interviews so that candidates are well informed about the company and the positions for which they are applying.
Contact Information – Employer Relations Team
Ingrid Tineo, Deputy Director – Employer Relations/Diversity Initiatives (contact for Starr Employers/Strategic Partnerships)
Michael Kalish, Senior Associate Director – Recruiting/Internships (contact for On-Campus Recruiting/Internships)
Anne Concepcion, Assistant Director – Recruiting/Employer Development (contact for new recruiting efforts/information sessions/ On-Campus Recruiting)
Khadija Hayat, Senior Job Posting Specialist – Employer Relations (contact for Job Postings on Starr Search)
Zehra Khan, Job Posting Specialist – Employer Relations (contact for Job Postings on Starr Search)