- Develop excellent resume writing and employment interviewing skills
- Learn more about your own career process, how to effectively market your degree, and essential skills to succeed in launching your career
- Develop excellent communication, interpersonal skills, public speaking, and leadership skills that any employer will find impressive
- Learn and practice working independently and collaboratively on teams
- Gain valuable first-hand knowledge about new internship and job opportunities
- Develop networking skills and establish contacts to help advance your career
- Receive mentorship from professional career advisors and senior staff
- Enjoy the feeling of truly making a difference in the lives of others
- Work in a supportive environment that offers flexible work hours with remote and in person options
- Adopt essential skills that you can use in your life after Baruch
- Have a fun and exciting job and make great friends!
What are current Peers for Careers saying about their experience?
Peers for Careers has allowed me to contribute to social good while improving my knowledge of careers and industries. I am grateful for the opportunity to expand my knowledge of business correspondences and improve my professional etiquette, where I have utilized these learnings to make a great impression on employers during my internships. I hope to give back to future Peers and inspire them to be leaders. Wei, Class of 2023
The Peers for Careers program has given me a place to call home away from home at Baruch. I have made great friends, mentors, and impacted the student body in a positive way. Through my experience in the Peers program, I have been able to land internship opportunities and put my best foot forward on and off campus. Excited to commemorate my senior year at Baruch with the Peers for Careers Program. Anwaar. Class of 2023
Peers for Careers share their favorite part of the program
- Getting to help different people of all backgrounds to reach their career goals
- My Favorite part of Peers is hearing back from students who found the review helpful and were able to get jobs!
- My favorite part of peers is being able to positively impact others
- Meeting new people and seeing what everyone plans on doing when they come in for resume help
- Improve the professional development of students while growing my experience
- Supervision and constant support available advisors/ supervisors
- Getting to know the peers, meeting new students, and learning about their different interests
- Supervision group and venting with my fellow peers
- Connecting with Students
What does Peers for Careers mean to the Peers?
Peers for Careers creates a community that helps all the involved advance their career paths. Peers 2022