Peers for Careers accepts applications for Tier 1 Training in January/February of each year, and hired students begin their roles in August. Only undergraduates who have successfully completed T.E.A.M. Baruch Training are eligible to access the application and apply.
T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) Baruch is a leadership development program that is focused on enhancing self-awareness, communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and mediation skills. The program aims to help students understand themselves in order to gain knowledge of group dynamics to allow for collective change in the community. Upon completion of the training, students can apply for the following Peer Mentor programs on campus: Peers for Careers, Orientation Leader, Freshman Seminar Peer Mentor, PAWS (Peers Advocating Wellness Services), and Success Network.
For more information about T.E.A.M. Baruch, please contact the Office of Student Life.
- Successful Completion of T.E.A.M. Baruch Training
- Successful completion of 10-session Tier 1 Training program and all training requirements
- Interview with Coordinator and SCDC Staff
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment of at least 6 hours per week
- Must commit to minimum of one year of service
- Participation in bi-annual Starr SCDC Retreats and in-service trainings once a semester
- Participation in SCDC’s Career and Internship Fairs and Resume Rush Days